The premier national news magazine serving the grocery trade.
About Retail World
Retail World has a rich heritage as the trusted source of information for the Australian grocery industry. The leading Australian trade magazine was established in 1947 and remains at the forefront of news serving the grocery channel and FMCG trade.
Celebrating a milestone of 70 years, the monthly magazine is now bigger and better than ever, delivering the latest in industry news, market trends, statistics and analysis, making it one of the most comprehensive and relevant resources available to the retail trade.
Retail World is committed to the development of the retail industry. Our mission is to provide trusted, informative and timely coverage of the opportunities, developments and issues affecting supermarket owners, managers, staff and suppliers.
Audience / Readership / Demographic
Retail World is delivered straight to the desks of the key decision-makers at head office and supermarket level.
Owners and managers – both chain and independent – receive Retail World magazine monthly and Retail World eNews weekly.
Content / Regular Sections
Retail World is backed by a strong team of journalists and industry columnists providing readers with the
latest news, analysis, trends and insights.
Retail World has no bias and supports a wide range of voices from the broader retail industry.
Retail World has been a major resource for the operations and marketing teams at Drakes Supermarkets.
Over the years, it has provided inspiration and direction for innovative and creative ideas that have kept the company at the forefront of the industry, in terms of store and department refits, product ranging and general retail intelligence.
I regard the Retail World as the only retail magazine that predominantly focuses on the supermarket industry and it is read by all our executive and store managers. We always look forward to the next edition coming out so as we can be kept up to date with new products in our industry.
Chief Executive Officer
What a journey Retail World! Congratulations on your 70th anniversary of reporting on the supermarket, liquor and retail industry in general.
We cannot underestimate the contribution Retail World has made to our industry. It’s a much read magazine and your reporting team write without fear or favour. You have always called it as it is – something often lacking these days in other publications.
Better still, you are not just after the negative stories. I have enjoyed reading the many positive articles not only about independents, but about the supermarket, liquor and retail industry in general. It’s easy to write a criticism these days and it is very refreshing to see positive and pro active articles written about this fabulous industry we all work in.
I look forward to continuing to read your magazine in the months and years ahead. I hope l am here to celebrate your 100th Anniversary in what will seem like no time at all.
Congratulations to the entire team at Retail World for 70 outstanding years of reporting.
Chief Executive Officer
Ritchies Supermarkets and Liquor Stores.
Retail World magazine readership demographic.
- Chains & mass merchants
• The best-targeted media option, providing a unique communications channel to directly inform the grocery trade at a competitive and affordable cost-per-thousand.
• An advertising campaign in Retail World is the backbone of a strategic and tactical trade campaign, forming the basis for the ultimate goal – a successful consumer promotion.
• Retail World is delivered straight to the desks of the key decision-makers at head office and supermarket level. Owners and managers – both chain and independent – receive Retail World magazine monthly and Retail World eNews weekly.
• Retail World is backed by a strong team of specialist writers and columnists, providing readers with news, analysis, insights, trends, data and commentary.
• Retail World‘s own research is backed by IRI, Nielsen and IBISWorld data nationally, and Mintel and Euromonitor research internationally.